You are a bright, socially aware individual who sees that there are many things in society that need changing, but recognize that you need to also make a living. You also have a great idea to help people or you have the resources to help other people help people. Upon recognizing these needs, a lot of entrepreneurs have seen an opportunity to integrate a for-profit business model, while at the same time fulfilling a social need. This category of the market is called a “social business” or “social enterprise” and is a growing niche that needs venture capital and ongoing donor and investor support. That’s where Social Venture Partners Seattle (SVP) has stepped in.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is sponsoring SVP’s Social Innovation Fast Pitch (SIFP) on October 3, 2011 at 4:30pm at the Fisher Pavilion in Seattle. This is where 14 social innovator finalists (of the more than 120+ applicants) with a dream have an opportunity to “fast pitch” their organization to an audience of interested people such as philanthropists, investors and other social entrepreneurs and civic leaders for an opportunity to win $170,000+ in grants and investment prizes.
Why Should I Go To SIFP?
I’m going to SIFP because it should be a really fun, fast paced event with lots of interesting people to meet and talk to. Not only is this a great opportunity to connect with the community, but also a fantastic networking opportunity to meet with other innovative minds focused on the big picture in the community. This is the first installment of a new annual event, and I want to be there to see it take shape. So go, experience what others are doing, see what the winning pitch looked like, and prepare for next year being even bigger.
Some benefits to going are:
- One hundred percent (100%) of your ticket price will go towards grants for the most compelling social innovators.
- Attendees to the event will have an opportunity to vote for and decide on ”People’s Choice” awards, via text messaging. Maximize the impact of your contribution by funding the most innovative ideas.
- If you are considering getting deeply involved with a non-profit organization or social business with local impact, this is a unique opportunity to directly meet and interact with the leaders of such organizations and learn about their vision and philosophy.
- Spend a fun evening mingling with great people, enjoying a variety of delicious food and drinks, at an excellent location, in a first of its kind event in Seattle.
Who Will I Meet There?
Buy a ticket to the event at the SIFP website:
- Buy an Advance ticket for a $100 donation. Regular price tickets (if any are left) are $125, so please be sure to buy early to get your seat.
- If you are a high school or college student, buy a Student Ticket for $25. A valid Student ID is required at the entrance.
- Buy a Preferred Scholarship Ticket for $150. This gets you a preferred seat AND allows a student to attend for free on your behalf.
When: October 3rd, 2011 @ 4:30-8:30PM
Where: Fisher Pavilion, 200 Thomas Street, Seattle, in Seattle Center.