The beginning of a startup is generally a small operation with contractual agreements between founders. But as it grows and starts adding employees, things become increasingly more complicated. Even the leanest of startups is covered by a myriad of state and local employment laws.
Business owners and founders need to be aware of when key federal and state employment laws apply to avoid costly fines and lawsuits. This seminar will teach you:
- How to avoid common HR mistakes.
- How to be compliant with state and federal laws.
- What exposures officers and the company have to audits, fines, penalties, and civil litigation.
- How to avoid issues with employees, former employees, and contractors.
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: $35 for up to three attendees from a single company
- Tuesday, November 12, 2013
- Registration and Lunch: 11:30 a.m.
- Program: 12:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- PSU Accelerator Office
- Mt. Hood Room
- 2828 SW Corbett Ave.
- Portland, OR 97201