Gone are the days of waiting until your company is public before you start looking for opportunities overseas. Europe is a strong market with very similar culture and welcomes the tech sector.
If Europe is the next step for your business, Steve Wilson and Sian Story will cover the essential tips and tricks you need know to make a smoother entrance, including:
- How to structure and establish your European business.
- Correct methods in hiring international talent.
- Protecting your product and your brand.
- Other regulatory and legal issues which can distract rapidly expanding companies.
Steve Wilson and Sian Story are UK qualified lawyers based in Osborne Clarke’s Silicon Valley office, and have spent years advising US companies on the issues arising from European expansion.
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
1201 Third Avenue Suite 2200
View Larger Map
Practical Law Company has just published a resource, General Solicitation and Startup Capital Raising.
The work is a collaboration between me and Lauren Hakala, Editor at Practical Law Company.
Lauren was incredible to work with. I feel fortunate to have had the chance to work with her on this project.
The subject of the article is general solicitation and fund raising for startups.
Here are some of the questions we tackle:
- Implications of Using General Solicitation
- Public Website, Social Media and Print or Broadcast Mentions of Offerings
- Online Funding Platforms
- Product Advertising and Business Announcements
- Demo Days, Pitch Events and Other Meet-Ups
I hope you enjoy it!