As part of the “Spain Tech Week 2014”, the Spanish startup community is converging on Seattle to explore business and investment opportunities.
Come to this event and:
- Meet more than 30 Spanish startups.
- Network with twenty Spanish venture capital firms.
- Introduce yourself to the Honorary Consulate of Spain.
- See a panel of experts discuss, “Spain, the New Global Technology Hub.”
- Sample delicious Spanish wine and tapas!
The panel includes:
- Rebeca Minguela, CEO & Founder at Blink, acquired by Groupon
- Antón Molleda, COO at Plain Concepts USA, a Microsoft Technology company
- Iván Contreras, CEO at Carbures USA
- Joaquín Ramirez, Technosylva USA
- Francisco G. Olmedo, attorney at Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
[Video 5:54] Investing in Spanish entrepreneurs
Please RSVP to 425.237.3500 by Wednesday, May 7, 2014.
Monday, May 12, 2014
Program | 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Networking: Spanish Wine & Tapas | 8:00 – 9:30 p.m.
Seattle Art Museum
1300 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101
How do strategic M&A events germinate?
When does the corporate development process for major companies begin?
How is corporate strategy developed?
Pacific Rim M&A Institute’s inaugural session answers these questions and more. Moderated by Joe Wallin, representatives from Starbucks, Microsoft, and Boeing form a panel to examining the issues surrounding complicated Mergers and Acquisitions.
PRMAI is a joint effort of Davis Wright Tremaine, the University of Washington School of Law, and the University of Washington Foster School of Business to create best practices and interdisciplinary knowledge sharing in the M&A community.
Thursday, June 12, 2014
7:00 – 8:00 AM Registration & Continental Breakfast
8:00 – 9:00 AM Panel Discussion
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
The John Davis Conference Center
1201 Third Avenue, Suite 2200
Seattle, WA 98101
Crowdfunding has become a reality in Washington State. This is a great opportunity for startups and entrepreneurs to finally get the funding they need to move forward with the support of many small contributors. But there are still strict SEC and State rules that must be abided by. That’s where a solid strategy comes in.
Join us to hear first hand from the experts regarding the key decisions you need to make and strategies you need to adopt to Crowdfund your next venture. The evening will start with 1 hour of networking for entrepreneurs, investors, advisors and the startup community, followed by 90 minutes of discussion and Q and A.
- Representative Cyrus Habib, 48th Legislative District
- Burt Hamner, Founder and CEO Hydrobee
- Casey Dilloway, Co-Founder Community Sourced Capital
- Michael Luni Libes, Serial Entrepreneur and Founder Fledge Accelerator
- Stephen McDonald, Attorney, Ryan, Swanson and Cleveland PLLC
- Joe Wallin, Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine
Date: Wednesday, April 16th, 2014
Time: 5:30pm – 8pm
Where: WeWork South Lake Union, 500 Yale Avenue North, Seattle, 98109